A smart TV is a television that is connected to the internet and provides web-related features. It can be a web browser, but their appeal usually comes from their ability to use online services such as Netflix, YouTube, and Spotify. If you've ever used something like an Apple TV, a Roku, or a Chromecast, then you are already quite familiar with their capabilities as they're quite similar.
Unfortunately, though, while they offer the same features, they tend to be a bit slower and less stable. This has become less of an issue in recent years, but most TVs still don't quite match the speed and reliability of something like a Roku set-top box.
Not only does almost every TV include smart features today, but most of them are pretty good. LG's WebOS and TCL's Roku stand out for their quality, but most shoppers should be pleased by the features of any of them. If you're shopping for a TV, don't fret too much about their smart features since little of your time is going to be spent using them. Instead, focus on the picture quality or other features that complement your usage. You'll get much closer to finding your perfect TV that way.
#1: LG CX OLED
- LG OLED TV: Only OLED pixels emit their own light, allowing for perfect black, intense color and stunning picture.
- PIXEL LEVEL DIMMING: Millions of pixels emit their own light. Only OLED can turn pixels off completely and independently. See stunning picture, perfect black, infinite contrast and over a billion rich colors.
- WEBOS AND MAGIC REMOTE: LG's fan-favorite webOS platform makes it surprisingly fast and easy to stream movies and shows with your favorite apps and find new obsessions based on what you like. While our Magic Remote lives up to its name with voice and motion control — just speak or simply point, scroll and click.
- α9 GEN 3 AI PROCESSOR 4K: Everything you see and hear is automatically made better, clearer, smoother, and more dynamic with our a9 Gen 3 AI Processor 4K. You don’t have to do a thing. Our most advanced 4K processor does it for you with AI Picture Pro, AI Sound Pro, AI 4K Upscaling, and the ability to help your TV to evolve over time.
- GAMING: LG OLED TV is built for gaming. AI-powered picture quality transports you to the moment. Gaming features and the latest tech, like NVIDIA G-SYNC and FreeSync, give you an edge with less lag, high refresh rates, and incredibly smooth and responsive gameplay.
- OLED MOTION PRO: our most advanced motion handling for fast movements in sports and action sequences | Native Refresh Rate: 120Hz
- INPUTS & OUTPUTS: HDMI (HDMI 2.1 & HDCP 2.2) x4, USB 2.0 x3, RF Connection Input (Antenna/Cable) x1, AV Input x1 (breakout cable required, not included), Ethernet Input x1, RS-232C Input (Mini Jack) x1, Digital Audio Output (Optical) x1 | Wi-Fi (802.11ac) & Bluetooth 5.0 Enabled
- DIMENSIONS W/O STAND(WxHxD): 42.2" x 24.3" x 1.8" | DIMENSIONS W/ STAND: 42.2" x 25.6" x 9.9" | STAND WIDTH: 33"
#2: SAMSUNG Q80/Q80T QLED
- DIRECT FULL ARRAY 8X (50" Only): Controlled backlights offer deeper contrast for richer blacks and brighter whites.
- QUANTUM HDR 8X (50" Only): Fine-tuned shades of cinematic color make details leap off the screen.
- QUANTUM PROCESSOR 4K: This powerful processor uses deep learning AI to transform everything you watch into stunning 4K.
- 100% COLOR VOLUME WITH QUANTUM DOT: Quantum dots produce over a billion shades of color that stay true to life even in bright scenes.
- AMBIENT MODE + TM: Blends into your space by turning a blank screen into enticing visuals or at a glance info.
#3: Sony X950H
- PICTURE PROCESSOR X1 ULTIMATE: Sony’s best processor analyzes content to boost color, contrast and clarity, bringing astounding realism to your content
- TRILUMINOS Display: See exactly what the creator intended with advanced color and gradation
- FULL ARRAY LED with local dimming: Experience brighter highlights and detailed dark scenes, plus incredible contrast with X-tended Dynamic Range PRO 6x
- GAME MODE: Take your PlayStation experience to the next level with a Sony 4K gaming TV featuring dedicated Game Mode for a smoother, more responsive gaming experience
- SMART ANDROID TV with GOOGLE ASSISTANT: Use your voice to control your TV and smart home devices, easily search for movies and shows, get answers, and manage tasks, all hands-free
- WORKS WITH ALEXA: Stream smart camera feeds with your voice. Through an Alexa enabled device, just ask Alexa to play music, launch video apps, turn up the volume, and more
- APPLE AIRPLAY 2 and HOMEKIT SUPPORT: Seamlessly integrate your iPhone and Siri devices with your Sony TV for effortless smart home management and content streaming
#4: HISENSE H8G
- Unlock the power of over a billion colors perfectly expressed with Hisense H8G Quantum Series ULED Smart TVs, which combine incredible, ultra-bright 4K detail with Android TV for quick access to entertainment and apps.
- Transform your home into an entertainment powerhouse with Dolby Vision HDR10+, HDR10, and HLG picture and Dolby Atmos sound technologies, creating a truly cinematic experience featuring astonishing images with enhanced color and incredibly immersive audio.
- Offers 240 motion rate and quantum dot color. Full array local dimming zones deliver a superior HDR experience with up to 700-nits peak brightness across up to 32 local dimming zones, while game mode significantly improves input lag for optimized gaming.
- Control the TV via the easy-to-use voice-enabled remote, through the built-In Google Assistant, or through an Alexa-enabled device (sold separately) — Open or search for apps, control the volume and inputs, or search for your favorite TV shows and movies.
- Measuring 43.8 x 25.4 x 3.1 inches, 28.2 pounds (43.8 x 28.3 x 9.5 inches with the included stand, LxHxW, 28.7 pounds) the 50H8G has a 1-year manufacturer's warranty, and includes a voice remote (batteries included), power cable, and quick start guide.
#5: TCL 5 SERIES/S535 QLED
- Superior 4K Ultra HD: Picture clarity combined with the contrast, color, and detail of Dolby Vision HDR (High Dynamic Range) for the most lifelike picture.
- QLED: Quantum dot technology delivers better brightness and wider color volume.
- Product Size (WxHxD) with Stand: 43.9 x 11.6" x 27.5" | Product Size (WxHxD) without stand: 43.9" x 3.0" x 25.2" | Product Weight without stand: 26.0 lbs | Product Weight with stand: 26.7 lbs
- Roku Smart TV Platform: Roku Smart TV platform provides access to thousands of streaming channels
- Auto Game Mode for an optimized fast-response gaming experience
- Easy Voice Control: Find movie titles, launch or change channels, even switch inputs, using just your voice. Available through the Roku mobile app, voice-enabled remote control and compatible third-party voice assistant devices including Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
- 4 HDMI inputs (1 eARC): Connect all your favorite devices through the four HDMI inputs that includes 1 eARC to easily sync audio and video sources and deliver better quality sound.